This competition is now closed, but you can find our regular competitions on our homepage.
Are you glued to this year’s Bake Off like we are? Have you already picked your favourite based on the quality of their crumb?
As much as we love it when a Madeira cake emerges from the oven with the perfect crack, we secretly love it when a soufflé collapses or a baked Alaska turns into a bin disaster.
So to celebrate Bake Off, and the less-than-perfect pastry and pies we’ve rustled up many times in our own kitchens, we’re running a competition to give away a bundle of baking goods from The Store Room.
The Store Room is the beautiful gift shop found on all of our Villages that is styled like a country kitchen and features lines from Cath Kidston, Emma Bridgewater and Shared Earth. Pop in on your next family break and pick up something lovely to take home and treasure.
How to win
To win, simply tell us about your biggest baking disaster. You can tweet us @CenterParcsUK or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos of the carnage are encouraged! The best story will win a chance of baking redemption with our prize, which includes:
A three-tier Cath Kidston cake stand
A Cath Kidston baker’s apron
A set of three cake tins
A set of heart-shaped cookie cutters
Bake for Britain recipe book
The Baking Pocket Bible – every baking rule of thumb at your fingertips
To get you started, we’ve asked around the office for some of our biggest baking disasters…
Kim Kirk, Creative Account Executive
“I once piped éclairs too close together before putting them in the oven so they all spread into one another and came out like a choux pastry doormat.”
Kim Ferrier, Pricing Analyst
“I got ambitious and decided to make my boyfriend a cake shaped like the Death Star from Star Wars. Unfortunately, both semi-circles of sponge came out of the oven completely raw on the inside and immediately collapsed.”
Maddy Potts, Marketing Executive
“The very first time I made a Victoria sponge cake, I set my then-new oven to grill. There’s a reason you don’t generally grill cakes… There was an emergency dash to Marks & Spencer that day.”
You have until the end of next week’s Bake Off episode to enter (9.00pm, Wednesday 26th August 2015). We’ll announce the winner and share their story on Thursday 27th August.
*Terms and conditions
- The Center Parcs ‘Win a £100 baking bundle’ competition (the Promotion) is open to UK residents only, aged 18 and over, except employees of Center Parcs (the Promoter), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
- To take part in the promotion, email your baking disaster story to email@example.com or tweet it to @CenterParcsUK
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition/promotion.
- The competition will run from 3pm (GMT) on Wednesday 19th August 2015 until 9pm (GMT) on Wednesday 26th August 2015. This period will be known as the Promotion Period. Any entries outside the Promotion Period will not be counted.
- The prize winner will be selected by the Promoter.
- There is one prize of £100 worth of baking products from The Store Room.
- The decision of the Promoter in relation to the promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the promotion.
- The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prize products subject to availability.
- The winners will be contacted by Thursday 27th August 2015 by email or Twitter.
- The winner must respond to notification of their prize.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
- By entering, the participants consent to receive news, offers and promotions from Center Parcs via email, SMS, phone and mail.
- By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
- The Promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date.
- No social media website (such as Facebook, twitter or any other such website) are sponsors of the Promotion and have no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Promotion.
- These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Promoter of the Promotion is Center Parcs (Operating Company) Limited, registered in England, company number 1908230. The registered address is Head Office, One Edison Rise, New Ollerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 9DP.