We all pretended summer was still hanging around over the weekend – resolutely sitting outside in short sleeves, stubbornly ignoring the goose bumps – but today has left us in no doubt that summer has upped sticks and made way for its blustery autumnal replacement to move in.
And for families with school-aged children, that can only mean one thing: half term is around the corner. Nine whole days of no school and distinctly unreliable weather…
If you don’t have an October half term break at Center Parcs booked, it can be a challenge to come up with new and interesting ways to keep the children entertained and spend quality family time together.
What you can win
So to help out, we’ve put together a bumper half term bundle, packed with toys and pastimes you can enjoy together – and even a little treat for mum and dad, because let’s face it, you’ve earned it. The bundle, worth £200, includes:
- Minions jigsaw puzzle
- Traditional diamond kite
- Make-your-own owl sewing kit
- Minecraft Lego set
- Ludo board game
- Make-your-own pirate ship
- The Gruffalo book
- Cath Kidston diary
- Fold-and-fly paper planes
- Elemis gift set for him
- Elemis gift set for her
- …and a cuddly toy!
Everything in the bundle comes from the wonderful shops on our Villages – The Store Room, our country kitchen-style gift shop, Just Kids, a magical toy emporium, and the Aqua Sana Boutique which is home to high-end brands including Elemis and Decleor.
How to enter
To win everything in the picture, simply tell us your best tips for a cracking October half term by commenting below, or emailing email@example.com. Do you have the ultimate parenting hack that keeps your children happy all week? Do you go in for clubs, rotate play dates with other parents or set them up with an afternoon of crafts? Share your best ideas with us – and other Center Parcs parents – and we’ll pick a winner. Terms and conditions apply*
You have until midnight on Wednesday, 7th October to enter – good luck!
Liked that? Try these:
- Autumn activities for the whole family
- Family wildlife spotting at night
- 15 excellent reasons to happy that autumn is here
*Terms and conditions
- The Center Parcs ‘Best October half term ever’ competition (the Promotion) is open to UK residents only, aged 18 and over, except employees of Center Parcs (the Promoter), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
- To take part in the promotion, email your half term tips to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment at the bottom of this blog post (blog.centerparcs.co.uk/best-october-half-term-ever).
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
- The promotion will run from 5pm (GMT) on Monday 28th September 2015 until midnight (GMT) on Wednesday 7th October 2015. This period will be known as the Promotion Period. Any entries outside the Promotion Period will not be counted.
- The prize winner will be selected by the Promoter.
- There is one prize of £200 worth of games and gifts from The Store Room, Just Kids and Aqua Sana Boutique.
- The decision of the Promoter in relation to the promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Promotion.
- The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prize products subject to availability.
- The winners will be contacted by Monday 12th October 2015 by email.
- The winner must respond to notification of their prize.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material.
- By entering, the participants consent to receive news, offers and promotions from Center Parcs via email, SMS, phone and mail.
- By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
- The Promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date.
- No social media website (such as Facebook, twitter or any other such website) are sponsors of the Promotion and have no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Promotion.
- These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Promoter of the Promotion is Center Parcs (Operating Company) Limited, registered in England, company number 04379585. The registered address is Head Office, One Edison Rise, New Ollerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 9DP.