Tasty omelettes, crispy waffles topped with clouds of whipped cream and stacks of fluffy American pancakes drizzled in maple syrup are already a pretty great combination. So when it came time to work on the new menu from The Pancake House, we knew it wouldn’t be a case of starting from scratch.
But at Center Parcs, we’re always looking to improve and give our guests the best possible experience on their short break. So we looked to guest feedback, successful specials and even competition winners for inspiration, and here’s what we came up with…
Stacks for little ones
You told us you wanted to see special smaller pancake stacks on the children’s menu, because the regular stacks were too large for little ones (here at Under The Treetops we’ve tried and failed to understand this, as we’ve been known to polish off a whole stack for “second breakfast”, but we believe you). So Group Executive Head Chef James Haywood has developed two fabulous new mini stacks, especially for our littler guests. They come in chocolate and tutti frutti flavour, and are adorned with all sorts of deliciousness.
Milkshakes have been on James Haywood’s mind for The Pancake House for a while now. Creamy, ice cold shakes are the perfect afternoon treat and a great accompaniment to a dessert pancake or waffle.
The children’s shakes are available in three flavours: chocolate, strawberry and banana, and come in miniature milk bottles. They all contain real milk – making them a great source of calcium for growing bones! – and the strawberry and banana flavours are made with 100% natural fruit purées.
Fancy something more savoury? You haven’t been forgotten! Our extensive range of savoury pancakes and omelettes are super popular, so we decided to add a few more. The new flavours are inspired by some of James Haywood’s favourite combinations, as well as some of the dishes that go down a storm in our other restaurants, such as Huck’s American Bar and Grill. You can now try one of these cracking combos in an omelette or pancake:
- BBQ pancake – pulled pork with crispy back bacon and sliced jalapenos, topped with melted cheese and barbecue sauce
- Smoked salmon and sour cream – filled with sliced smoked salmon and spring onions, finished with a little grated cheese, sour cream, fresh rocket and a squeeze of lemon
- Chicken and sweetcorn – succulent pieces of chicken with sweetcorn and spring onion, topped with grilled grated cheese and finished with garlic butter
There are also new savoury options on the children’s menu:
- Chicken, cheese and sweetcorn
- Meatballs, beans and cheese
Whether you’re a Banoffee fan or all about Ultimate Chocolate, our stacks, dessert pancakes and waffles sell as fast as the chefs can pour the mix onto the traditional Dutch griddle.
And while you can’t improve on perfection, we think we’ve come pretty close with these two latest flavours. Available in an American stack and a waffle, the new Black Forest flavour has actually been on our menus all summer as a seasonal special. The rich cherry compote, whipped cream and crushed chocolate Flake was such a popular combination that the team decided it belonged on the menu permanently.
The second new flavour comes in both a stack and a dessert pancake and it is absolutely not to be missed. Based on a competition-winning pancake design by guest Emily O’Neill, the Cookie Monster is topped with caramel sauce, chocolate ice cream, crumbled Flake, crushed Oreos and whipped cream. But the real magic is in the pancake batter itself, where there are chunks of real cookie dough.
Gourmet sundae shakes
If you were getting jealous of the little ones with their children’s shakes, forget about it. We have something even more special for you…
Completely new to Center Parcs, the line of gourmet sundae shakes are made with the same natural fruit pureés and real milk. But they’re blended with delicious ice cream and finished with all sorts of scrummy toppings.
- Banoffee – banana puree, vanilla ice cream and milk poured over toffee sauce, topped with whipped cream, more toffee sauce and toffee pieces
- Strawberry Eton Mess – strawberry puree, strawberry ice cream and milk, blended together and topped with fresh cream, fresh strawberry and crushed meringue pieces
- Chocolate Rocky Road – chocolate sauce, chocolate ice cream and milk, poured over mini marshmallows, topped with whipped cream, more marshmallows and crumbled shortbread
- Blueberry and Oreo (the purple one!) – blueberry puree, Oreos, vanilla ice cream and milk, blended and topped with whipped cream and more Oreos.
After James Haywood’s experiment living gluten-free left him feeling like a second-class citizen, we committed to providing a varied and exciting menu for our guests with dietary requirements. So we’ve developed two new types of pancake batter: one uses soya milk for our vegan, dairy and lactose-free guests, and one is completely gluten-free.
Each is available in a range of savoury and sweet pancakes. Please ask your server for a copy of the menu you require, and they’ll be happy to put your mind at ease if you have any questions.
Take a look at the full menu now.
Liked that? Try these:
- Go behind the scenes at our Pancake House menu shoot
- New menu for Dining In
- 5 perfect pancake recipes