A flippin' fantastic Pancake House competition
- Body Content
Fancy having your pancake creation served at The Pancake House and a chance to win a £150 Center Parcs voucher?
Simply comment on the Facebook post with your pancake creations. Tell us what toppings you would pick, and why! You could even send us a photo or drawing of your perfect pancake. Our Center Parcs Development Chefs will pick five to shortlist. If shortlisted, your pancake creation will be brought to life by our Chefs and taste tested by a panel of judges. The pancake with the most votes WINS!
🤩 So ... what are you waiting for? Get flipping!
Terms and Conditions
1. The “Pancake topping creation competition” (the Promotion) is open to residents in the UK and the Republic of Ireland only, aged 18 and over, except employees of Center Parcs (the Promoters), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
2. To take part in the Promotion, simply share your pancake topping creations in the form of a picture, list of toppings or drawing in the comments section of the Facebook post. Only entries that have been completed correctly and in full will be entered into the Promotion. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, delayed or damaged entries and cannot be held responsible for any inability to submit entries as a result of computer service, systems and/or server failure, error interruption, defect or delay or any other technical malfunction.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition/Promotion.
4. By commenting your pancake topping creation on social media, you agree to Center Parcs choosing and publishing submitted photos and content on UK and Ireland digital channels and within print at its absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, Center Parcs is under no obligation to use any of the photos submitted. You also confirm that the pancake topping is your own original recipe and it does not breach any third party ownership rights in any way.
You retain the legal ownership of any photo and topping recipe that you upload. However, in order for us to use your image and topping recipe, you grant to Center Parcs a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use the photo.
We can use the photo and topping recipe on Center Parcs webpages and for any use in our Pancake House and advertising, marketing and promotional materials without compensation or prior notice using any media or distribution methods. Center Parcs may use, edit, alter, reproduce, translate, publish, or create derivative works at our sole discretion.
You also grant Center Parcs the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, caption or other identifying information in connection with the use of any of your photos displayed on Center Parcs webpages.
5. The Promotion opens 22nd June 2023 and will run until 6th July 2023. In this instance, the period from Thursday 22nd June 2023 – Thursday 6th July 2023 inclusive, will be known as the “Promotion Period”. Any entries outside the Promotion Period will not be counted.
6. Only one entry per person. If more than one entry per person is received, or if you attempt to submit more than one entry by using the same, multiple or different names, all such entries may be deemed void and you may be disqualified from the promotion.
7. The prize winner will be selected by: two Center Parcs Development Chefs who will select five pancake creations to make and a panel of tasters (including an independent judge) will choose the best one. The one with the most votes from the taste test wins.
8. The prize will be the winning pancake created being a special at The Pancake House and a £150 Center Parcs gift card. The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative.
9. All judges’ decisions are final. The decision of the Promoter in relation to the Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into. No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party.
10. The five shortlisted pancake creations will be contacted by replying to their Facebook comment (entry) by 31st July 2023.
11. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material free of charge.
12. The participant agrees to assign to Center Parcs all intellectual property rights and to the fullest extent permitted by law and at no charge to Center Parcs. The participant further agrees to waive their moral rights to be identified as the author of the item, to the extent permitted by law and that Center Parcs can reproduce, modify, adapt or alter the item in any way it sees fit. The participant agrees to do anything that may be reasonably require in order to assign such rights to Center Parcs.
13. Automated, bulk or third party entries will be disqualified. Any incomplete, corrupted or entries not in accordance with the entry instructions, will be rejected. Any entries from participants, who we reasonably believe have acted unfairly, will be disqualified.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries that it deems to be suspicious or achieved through manipulation of the promotion or any of the platforms that it is made available through.
15. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
17. By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
19. No social media website (such as Facebook, twitter or any other such website) are sponsors of the Promotion and have no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Promotion.
20. Center Parcs, including their officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents, excludes all liability for any losses and/or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
21. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Promoters are: Center Parcs (Operating Company) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales at Companies House. Our registered office is Head Office, One Edison Rise, New Ollerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 9DP and our registered number is 04379585.