Fun for all at the Subtropical Swimming Paradise
Whatever your age, there’s so much fun to be had at the Subtropical Swimming Paradise. Our incredible water park is heated to 29.5c all year round, filled with tropical plants and trees and bursting with rides, slides and water experiences. Little ones, older children and grown-ups alike can enjoy hours of fun, whatever the weather. Here’s what’s on offer.
Our Subtropical Swimming Paradise is open daily from 10am – 9pm.
At Sherwood Forest we have a selection of pools for you to splash about in. The wave pool is the main pool at the heart of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise - listen out for the Tarzan sound and get ready for the waves to begin! Step into the outdoor sprudel pool and relax, gazing out into the forest as the steam rises from the water. Sink into hot whirlpools, perfect for some ‘us’ time.
Rides and slides
Inside the Subtropical Swimming Paradise are a selection of rides and slides to explore for thrill seekers big and small! The Wild Water Rapids are a firm family favourite and a must when visiting Center Parcs. You’ll need to be a good swimmer and confident in the water – little ones must be able to swim independently. Lie back and let the water take you through the twists and turns, and remember: feet first!
- Children’s Water Piste (for children aged between 3-15 years and under 1.5 metres)
- Large and Small Flumes (children between 0.60m-1.20 metres can be accompanied by an adult)
- Grand Cascade (suitable for children aged 2 years and over, those under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Tropical Cyclone (must be over 1.22 metres and children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult, individual weight limit 120kg/18.9 stone, group weight limit 320kg/50.5 stone)
The Subtropical Swimming Paradise has plenty of pools for everyone to enjoy. Relax in the Outdoor Sprudel Pool or take a dip in the hot whirlpools – the perfect place for a relaxing soak. Elveden Forest also has a Lazy River, so lie back and let the current weave you through the palm trees. At the heart of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise is the wave pool - listen out for the jungle drum sound every 30 minutes and get ready to take on the waves. At Elveden and Whinfell you’ll find the lagoon pool - complete with spa pools, this hidden oasis is the ideal place to relax and watch the world go by.
Rides and slides
From high octane thrills to Lazy Rivers, there’s something for everyone. Experience the thrill and feel the adrenaline on the Tropical Cyclone, where you can personalise your ride experience with a choice of immersive visual and sound effects from an aquarium to tropical thunder.
- Water Piste (suitable for little ones over the age of 3)
- Large Flume and Small Flume (not suitable for little ones under 24 months. Children between 0.6 metres – 1.2 metres tall must be accompanied by an adult)
- Wild Water Rapids (children with buoyancy aids or arm bands are not allowed in the rapids, you must be a strong and experienced swimmer
- Tropical Cyclone (minimum height 1.22 metres, little ones under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult, individual weight limit 112kg/17.5 stone, group weight limit 318kg/50 stone)
The Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Whinfell Forest has a selection of pools – perfect for fun with the whole family. Explore two outdoor pools, three spa pools, a children’s pool, the wave pool and a lagoon pool. The outdoor pools and wave pools are available for everyone but if you wish to venture down to the deep end make sure you are a confident swimmer. The spa pools are not suitable for under 5-year-olds, and little ones aged 5-11 must be supervised. One of the spa pools is designed for little ones in mind, with a lower temperature.
Rides and slides
Unique to Whinfell Forest is the Indoor Rapids and the Canyon Ride. Glide through the twists and turns in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise while looking up at the tropical trees in the Indoor Rapids. The rapids are only suitable for confident swimmers and buoyancy aids are not allowed. The Canyon Ride is perfect for thrill seekers – to navigate the twists and turns through the trees in this outdoor water slide you must be over 1.2 metres and a strong swimmer.
Also available at Whinfell Forest is:
- Multi Slide (must be at least 1.2 metres tall to go down by yourself and if under you must be accompanied by an adult)
- Flumes (suitable for people over 1 metre tall)
- Children’s Pool with slide and flume (little ones must be under 1 metre to go down the slide)
Psst… we also have a new ride coming to Whinfell Forest in 2023, the Tropical Cyclone ride!
Splash about in the two pools at Woburn Forest. Explore the outdoor sprudel pool, gazing up at the treetops and spotting wildlife. See the steam rise as you fully immerse yourself into the warmth - blissful. At the heart of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise you’ll find the wave pool – the perfect place for the whole family, with a shallow end for little ones and a deeper end for stronger swimmers. Listen out for the Tarzan sound as that means the waves will start, so make sure to go where you feel comfortable and confident. Woburn Forest also has a Lazy River, perfect for those who want a more relaxed version of the Wild Water Rapids.
Rides and slides
Navigate the twists and turns of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise on our thrilling rides and slides. Before you take the plunge down the Tropical Cyclone or the Twister, make sure you check little ones against the height chart. If they aren’t quite big enough yet, don’t worry - we have more flumes suitable for little thrill seekers at Venture Harbour and Venture Bay!
- Typhoon (minimum height 1.22 metres, individual weight 115kg/18 stone, group weight limit 180kg/28 stone)
- Twister (minimum heigh 1.22 metres, individual weight 130kg/21 stone)
- Tropical Cyclone (riders must be over 1.22 metres, individual weight limit 112kg/17.5 stone, group weight limit 320kg/50.5 stone)
- Wild Water Rapids (must be confident swimmers to tackle the rapids)
From the outdoor hot whirlpool to the Lazy River, there’s somewhere for the whole family to dip their toes in. Glide gently through the Lazy River as you weave through the tropical plants, lie back, and let the current guide you round. Sink into the outdoor hot whirlpool and watch the steam rise into the sky as you admire the ancient redwood trees. Take a dip in the outdoor sprudel pool and indoor wave pool - heated to 29.5 degrees all year round, it’s the perfect place to escape - or embrace - the great British weather!
Rides and slides
For those of you that are thrill seekers and seeking adrenaline-fuelled adventures, the Subtropical Swimming Paradise has just the thing! Explore the range of rides and slide available at Longleat Forest - from the Wild Water Rapids to the Typhoon ride, we’ll get your heart racing with drops, twists and turns. If little ones aren’t quite tall or old enough, take a trip to Venture Bay and Venture Harbour.
- Large and Small Flumes (children between 0.6 metres – 1.2 metres tall must be accompanied by an adult)
- Water Piste Slides (suitable for little ones over the age of 3)
- Wild Water Rapids (must be a strong and experienced swimmer)
- Typhoon (must be over 1.22 metres to ride, weight 115kg /18 stone per person, group weight limit 180kg/28 stone) per raft)
- Tropical Cyclone (must be over 1.22 metres and children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult, individual weight limit 120kg/18.9 stone, group weight limit 318kg /50 stone)
Explore the selection of pools we have available at Longford Forest, our Ireland village. At the heart of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise is the wave pool, the perfect place for the whole family with a shallow end for the little ones and a deep end for the more adventurous. Sink into the heated outdoor pool, and cool off in the plunge pool – if you dare! Discover the hot whirlpools inside – perfect for some ‘us’ time. And finally, a Lazy River if you fancy a chilled-out version of the Wild Water Rapids.
If the thrills of rides and slides are more your speed, get your heart racing on:
- Tropical Cyclone (riders must be under 120kg and over 1.22 metres, group weight limit is 320kg/50.5 stone)
- Typhoon (must be over 1.2 metre, group weight limit per raft 180kg/28 stone)
- Twister (must be over 1 metre, individual weight limit 130kg/21 stone)
- Wild Water Rapids (strong swimmers only)
Fun for the little ones
All of our villages feature a unique place for families with little ones to enjoy some splashing fun. At Sherwood, Longleat, Woburn and Longford Forest you’ll find Venture Bay for babies and toddlers and Venture Harbour for older children (at Elveden Forest you will find Venture Cove), complete with spray fountains, splashing pool and tipping buckets. There’s so much for them to explore and help their confidence grow in the water.
Whinfell Forest has a Children’s Pool with slide and flume, great for the grown ups to dip their toes in whilst watching their little ones splash about.
Let their imaginations run wild as they play pirates or pretend to be mermaids!
Relax in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise in style in your own private Cabana. We have a selection of 4, 6 and 8 seater Cabanas available, including accessible ones for guests with limited mobility.
Equipped with a TV, safe and other luxury essentials, this is the perfect place for families to hang out between all the splashing and sliding. To book your own secluded sanctuary in the heart of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, simply add on as an ‘activity’ in addition to your Subtropical Swimming Paradise session.
A bite to eat
If you are visiting Woburn, Elveden or Sherwood Forest you will also find a Starbucks within the Subtropical Swimming Paradise for your favourite drinks and snacks, great for on-the-go families needing a quick refuel before heading back for more splashing good fun.
Visit the village news pages for the latest on restaurant opening times.
Please note buoyancy aids are available for little ones to borrow free of charge from the Pool Information Desk in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise. These can be found at the side of the pool, or ask a lifeguard and they will be happy to help.