Recipe: Mother’s Day breakfast
- Body Content
Here are three super simple ideas to make for Mother’s Day breakfast that only needs a cookie cutter and a ‘little’ help from a grown up. A great way to let your mum know she is a star and deserves a superstar breakfast.
(Make sure you wash up too!)
Happy Mother’s Day to all the great Mums out there.
• Make sure an adult helps with the cinnamon toast frying
• Watch out for the sharp end on the skewers
You’re a Star – Cinnamon Toast
Thick slices of bread, ideally a couple of days old
2 Tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Oil and butter for frying
Cinnamon Sugar: 10 tsp sugar mixed with 1-2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Fresh berries to serve
1. Whisk the eggs lightly then whisk in the vanilla, cinnamon and vanilla.
2. Cut shapes from some thick bread with cookie cutters.
3. Dip the shapes in the egg.
4. Heat up a frying pan over medium heat and add a splash of oil and a tablespoon of butter
5. Gently fry your eggy toasts until golden on each side
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar whilst still hot
7. Serve with fresh berries
Fruity Yoghurt Pots
Mum’s favourite fruits, chose from melon, pineapple, kiwi fruit, watermelon.
Mum’s favourite yoghurt.
Mum’s favourite granola, muesli or cereal.
1. Layer up some cereal, yoghurt and top with hearts and stars cut from thick slices of fruit with a cookie cutter.
1. Stick a strawberry and some grapes onto a skewer and serve on the breakfast tray in a small vase.