Recipe: Spooky Spider Pizzas
- Body Content
The spooky spider pizzas are fun and easy to make and (if you cut up the olives for them) it’s a great way to get kids involved in the cooking. Get them involved in kneading the dough and spooning on the topping, then everyone can get involved creating the cheese string cobwebs and arranging all the little spiders.
Enjoy making and eating your scary treats!
Pizza Dough Ingredients (Makes 1 large pizza and 12-15 small pizzas)
250g plain flour
250g strong bread flour
1 7g sachet easy bake yeast
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
300ml lukewarm water
1 jar pizza topping
1 pack of cheese strings
1 jar black olives
- Put the flours in a large bowl or in a stand mixer and stir in yeast and salt.
- Gradually add the warm water and olive oil and mix to a dough.
- Knead with a dough hook or by hand for 8-10 minutes.
- Cover with a plate or cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- While it’s rising cut black olives into 8 strips to make spider legs, use a whole olive for the body and half an olive for the head.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Roll 1/3 of the dough into a dinner plate-sized pizza base and place on a baking tray.
- Spoon some tomato pizza topping onto the base and use cheese strings to make a cobweb shape.
- Take ping-pong ball-sized pieces of dough and roll out to make the small pizzas.
- Top with a spoonful of topping and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Add your spooky spiders to the large and small pizzas.
- Bake the large pizza for 1-15 minutes until crisp, the small pizzas will only need 5-8 minutes.
Tip: If you want your cobweb and spiders to be extra defined you can cook the bases first then add the spideriness for the last 2-3 minutes only.