Top 10 facts about Longleat’s Land Train
The Land Train is a unique service which only runs at Longleat Forest. Our stunning 400-acre village has hills and slopes running throughout it – which makes for some spectacular views – but after an action-packed day on village, walking or cycling back to your lodge can be a little tiring! This is where our Land Train comes in - with 12 stops dotted around the village, and the service running every 20 minutes*, our Land Train will be able to take you where you need to go so you can simply sit back and enjoy the scenery. Better still, it’s free of charge!
Here are 10 facts our Land Train drivers want to tell you about our Land Train before you arrive at Longleat Forest:
- Our trains start at 8am from The Plaza, and the last pickup of the day is from the Village Square at 11.03pm. It’s always best to check a Land Train timetable when planning your journey (you will be given a handy timetable when you check-in at the Arrivals Lodge)
- We currently have five trains on rotation
- Each of our trains has a name – they’re called Willow, Ash, Maple, Birch, and Sycamore
- We have 12 Land Train drivers here at Longleat
- Our Land Train service has been running since the village opened in 1994
- We haven’t always had trains… the Land Train service used to be run using Land Rovers!
- The oldest Land Train in our fleet is six years old, and our newest Land Train is one year old
- Our three-carriage Land Trains are run using 3.2 litre diesel turbo Iveco engines
- We run a special later service on New Years’ Eve so that you can see in the New Year in The Plaza!
- On average, we transport 655,200 people per year using our Land Train service (and this number may be even higher as some guests use our service multiple times per day!)
FAQ's about our Land Train
Q: Can we bring prams and buggies with us on the Land Train?
A: Yes! Prams and buggies are welcome on-board, they just need to be folded and kept with you.
Q: Can we bring our bicycles on-board?
A: No, unfortunately there isn’t enough space for bicycles.
Q: Can we bring our dog with us?
A: No, unfortunately dogs cannot board the Land Train. This is to protect guests who are allergic to dogs.
Q: Why does the timetable change on a Monday and Friday?
A: As Mondays and Fridays are our changeover days, the village can get very busy with guests leaving and new guests arriving! This is why the Land Train doesn’t start running until 7pm. For lodges in the Fir area, selected stops run an early morning service to the Main Plaza for guests to collect their cars.
Q: Are mobility scooters allowed on board?
A: No, unfortunately mobility scooters are too heavy and too large to fit on-board. However, we do run a Mobility Service on the village. Find out more here.
Land Train driver spotlight
Meet Andrew, one of our Land Train drivers!
“Hello, my name is Andrew, and I have been a Land Train driver here at Longleat Forest for over 13 years! In that time, the miles I have driven on the Land Train is the same distance as driving to the moon and back twice! The best part of my job is helping guests out and being rewarded with a smile.”
During your next stay at Longleat Forest, make sure you check out our Land Train for yourself! We would love to see your photos of the Land Train tag us on Twitter @CP_UK_Longleat and use #myCP.
*The Land Train runs between 8am-11pm from The Plaza daily, except on Mondays and Fridays when we run a reduced service, starting from The Plaza, from 7pm-11pm.